Tenerife||Part Two


So this is a long over due post from my holiday at the end of August. Can't believe It has nearly been a month since I've been home. In some ways it feels like this month has never ended but in others it feels like it has gone really quickly. Soon its going to be my birthday (more on those plans next month) and then CHRISTMAS! Can hardly contain my excitement here as i type this. Better get Christmas planning soon. Before I get ahead of myself  though here is the rest of what I got up to on holiday. 





-Day Four-

We spent the afternoon at the Plaza del Duque shopping centre which was a short 10-15 minute walk from the beach. The shopping centre looks fairly new and most of the brands in the centre are designer brands including women's/men's such as Hugo Boss, Armani, Prada, Gucci, Chanel and more. They also have a lot of designer watch and jewellery shops. There is a bar on the same level which we also stopped off at it was nice and relaxed here. Down stairs has a small cafe area other shops including the sun glasses hut, a tobacconist and a large super market which sells just about everything you could need.  Here's a few photo I took there. 





We spent a few hours here and then slowly headed back to the hotel to get spruced up for Dinner. We knew we had a busy day ahead planned so just chilled in the hotel bar and then had dinner. We didn't stay up too late on this night because we wanted to get up earlier ready for our big day out we had planned. 


-Day Five-

This was probably one of my favourite days from the holiday. We decided we wanted to do an excursion a few nights before, and so we went to reception and they had recommended we did the Dolphin and Whale watching on a sail boat experience. I love animals and this is something I have always wanted to do so I jumped at the chance. The company we booked with was called Blue Jack Sail.  They aren't a very big company but I researched them and found them on Trip Advisor read about them here. A minibus came to pick us and around 8 others up from our hotel and we headed to Playa de las Americans port Colon where we had to wait for the group before us to come back to land. 

I must admit now I was very nervous during this time, I don't really like water or boats and I especially do not like swimming/snorkelling but as soon as I got on the boat along with the 8 others in our group I soon forgot about my fear. The two guys who ran the tour and sailed the boat were really nice guys, very professional and I could tell they had lots of experience. So I felt completely at ease and in safe hands. 

Here's some of the photos I managed to take of our Dolphin and Whale watching experience...









If you want to share the same amazing experience as I did you should definitely book this trip. I would recommend booking through your hotel first as it us usually easier to sort out. If however you are a real planner and want to book it before you arrive to Tenerife I would suggest doing so from the official website here


-Day Six-

After having so much fun yesterday we got a real taste for the water. Today we perfect weather maybe the hottest it had been since we arrived. We were on the beach and saw a couple of people on some jet ski's. We had hired some last year in Mallorca so I knew what I was getting myself into, I'm not usually very adventurous when it comes to water sports as I am terrified of water usually but I found Jet Skiing really fun and can't wait to give it another go on our next holiday, wherever that may be. 
I didn't get any photos unfortunately as I didn't want to risk taking my camera/phone on the jet ski with me. So here are some photos of the beach and surrounding areas instead.








-Day Seven-

After our active last couple of days we decided we would have a bit of a chill day today. We spent a lazy few hours of our afternoon round by the hotel pool, trying to top up our tans. We were then feeling refreshed and active so we took a brisk walk to Playa de Las Americas via the beaches, where we sat for lunch. We went to an American diner and ordered a rib and chicken sharer plater and a couple of milkshakes. It was pure heaven. 

After taking the long walk back to walk off our huge lunch we came back to the hotel and chilled some more on our loungers and in the pool. I also had another sneaky look round the little boutique shops. I bought some cute little flip flops as a gift for my mother. She loves them and is still wearing them now- even in this weather. 

For dinner we headed back into Playa De Las America and opted for some Chinese food as this is something we hadn't tried yet. We then spent the rest of our night at Harry's Bar which can be found at the top of the Safari Centre. We loved it here because they played a mixture of current and old songs and they offered a good variety of cocktails as well- I think we must have tried them all on this night. 







-Day 8-

Another action packed adventure awaited for us today. We met a lovely couple at our hotel and they recommended a day trip to the Siam Water Park. I am so glad we took their advice because it was another amazing experience. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the Dolphin and Whale watching but it still was an enjoyable day out. 
Here the photos I got of some of the rides at the Siam Water Park. 









So there we have just a couple of photos I got at the park. As you can see there is something for everyone they have big water rides or a more relaxed area if you want to chill and catch some rays. 
They also have a massive family area which has rides for the smaller children- I think I was more at home on those rides than the big scary ones, but don't tell anyone. 

When we got back from the Siam Water Park we got ready for dinner, we decided to have one last lovely meal together at the hotel and it is here that I got some beautiful photographs at night here they are...





-Day 9- 

So Day 9 marks the last full day of our amazing holiday and wow what a holiday it had been. Even though we were really sad that we only had one day left we were also really pleased that we got to do so much and we have some really lovely memories with each other.  To celebrate our last full day we decided to go big! We hit up Playa de las Americas for one last time, had a lovely dinner at Roma a beautiful Italian that do the best Chicken Arrabiata I think I have ever tasted, I then had some lovely Profiteroles for dessert. 

After dinner we headed to the main strip where all the clubs and bars are located. We spent lots of time in Linekers bar and then found another great little bar/club called joyces who did some amazing and rather classy cocktails considering where we were. I really enjoyed it in here I didn't feel like I was on the strip and loved the atmosphere in there. 



So there we have a complete round up of our holiday in Tenerife. For any one who is thinking of booking a holiday here I 100% recommend it. It was a great holiday we felt very relaxed but also got to experience some of the party atmosphere as well. I would also recommend our beautiful hotel. It is in a great location, near to the airport, right on the beach and a short taxi ride from the clubs and the main party on the island. I am already looking to go back next year and would love to stay in the same hotel. Everyone was so welcoming and accommodating they made us feel so special from the moment we checked in to the moment we reluctantly got in the taxi to the airport. 

Costa Adeje.... until the next time. 

Comments

Popular Posts